When you’re having your roof replaced, you’ll soon find that you have an abundance of options when it comes to roofing materials. After all, there are plenty of popular materials on the market, such as metal roofing, clay tile, concrete tile or even slate if you want something that’ll last longer than usual. However, while these are all good materials to consider, the roofing industry says that there is another material that rises above all else in terms of popularity: asphalt shingles.
In this post, Innovative Roofing & Siding, Inc., the pros to turn to if you want to make your “roofer near me” search much easier, lists the five reasons why asphalt shingles are still popular in the U.S.
1. Recyclable – If you’re a homeowner who wants a green roofing system, then asphalt shingles are the best choice for you. This is because compared to other roofing materials, asphalt shingles are more recyclable since you can send the debris to be repurposed into other products for things such as road construction, preventing you from contributing to your local landfills.
2. Various Resistances – Asphalt shingles are also incredibly popular amongst homeowners thanks to their various resistances. For instance, if you live in an area that’s prone to wildfires, they’re one of the best choices in roofing materials because most asphalt shingles have Class A fire protection, giving it superior protection against fires. Apart from that, asphalt shingles are also made to resist algae growth, helping you maintain your roof’s aesthetic appeal.
3. Easy to Install – Alternatively, asphalt shingles are also popular because they’re easy for a roofing contractor to install. Thanks to this, you can significantly reduce your roofing project’s labor costs and save a lot of money in the process.
4. Design Versatility – On the other hand, asphalt shingles also boast versatility when it comes to their design. Not only do they possess the ability to mimic the look of other roofing materials such as slate, wood shakes or even tile but also because they come in a wide range of color options. These versatile designs make asphalt shingles popular for roof replacement projects, even when restoring homes that have a traditional architectural design like Victorian, Colonial or Queen Anne.
5. Energy Efficiency – With the rising prices of energy nowadays, homeowners are constantly looking for methods that can help them keep electricity costs low and help them save a significant amount. Luckily, this is where asphalt shingles and their popularity comes in as they’re usually manufactured to be UV-resistant and reflect the sun’s rays instead of absorbing it. This helps you keep your home cooler and comfortable without having to rely much on your HVAC unit.
Make your “roofing company near me” search much easier by turning to Innovative Roofing & Siding, Inc. When it comes to residential and commercial roofing projects, we are the leading experts to turn to and we won’t let you down! Give us a call at (865) 688-2888 or fill out our contact form to get in touch with us and receive a FREE estimate today! We serve homeowners in Knoxville and other nearby areas.