You may ask yourself, “What kinds of roofs does the roofing company near me have?” Roofing materials come in different forms, and one of the most common among them is the EPDM, or ethylene propylene diene terpolymer roof. An EPDM roof is also known as a rubber roof which is a popular material used on low-slope roofs and commercial buildings. In this article, we list six reasons why you should consider using an EPDM roof for your next project.
1. Affordable – EPDM roofs cost less compared to other roofing materials such as metal, PVC or TPO membrane roofs. They consist of slate, sawdust, and recycled tires and only cost 80 cents per square foot, making them one of the most affordable options on the market.
2. Durable – An EPDM roof installed by a reliable roofing contractor is rated to last for around 20 years. If proper care and maintenance is observed, along with its UV resistance can make it last up to 50 years.
3. Energy-efficient – EPDM roofs help with your home’s energy efficiency by reflecting heat and doubles as your home’s insulator. They also allow heat and vapor to escape due to their breathability and block moisture from entering to reduce your overall energy consumption.
4. Environmentally Friendly – Aside from being energy-efficient, EPDM roofs are lightweight and benefit the environment after the end of their life cycle. Once disposed of, old EPDM roofs are recycled to create a new roof.
5. Easy to maintain – EPDM roofs require minimal maintenance compared to other roofing materials. These roofs only require inspections at least twice a year to ensure they perform at peak conditions.
6. Fire-resistant – Compared to other roofing materials, EPDM roofs are fire-resistant and help slow down the spread of flames.
Whenever you search for a “roofer near me”, be sure to call the top contractor Innovative Roofing & Siding! Call us at (865) 688-2888, or fill out our contact form for a free estimate. We are a GAF Master Elite® contractor and an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred® contractor. We serve Knoxville and the surrounding areas.